A PDF version of my up-to-date resume is available upon request.
2005—2009 | Cambridge, Massachusetts
Bachelor of Arts with honors in Social Anthropology; Secondary in Film/Photography. GPA: 3.73. SAT I: 800 V/ 680 M. Junior year abroad at The University of Sydney, Australia—Marketing/Advertising focus.
- Coursework : Marketing, Advertising, Creative Writing, Video Production, Photography, Psychology, Design.
- Honors and Activities: Graduated from Harvard cum laude. In top 5% of University of Sydney grade distribution. High Distinction Academic Excellence Medal Winner. Contributing writer, The Harvard Crimson. Editorial/Business Editor of Current Magazine (nationally-distributed Newsweek subsidiary). Pleiades Society.
November 2013—Present | Boston, Massachusetts Marketing Manager
- Manager of content strategy and calendar and owner of content development/release schedule, including: data-based industry whitepapers and studies, corporate videos, live webinars, PPT decks, event advertisements, video scripts and production, marketing collateral, and blog entries.
- Author of nine case studies demonstrating Pixability’s proven YouTube marketing results for major clients such as PUMA and e.l.f. Cosmetics.
- Author of industry-leading data-based study on the Beauty Industry on YouTube (http://www.pixability.com/beautystudy), and ten accompanying videos around the study’s findings.
- Wrote and produced new corporate homepage explainer video.
- Created new Pixability tagline: “Proven YouTube Performance. Powered by Big Data.”
December 2012—November 2013 | Boston, Massachusetts Associate Consultant, Client and Consumer Services
- Analysis & Insights Reporting: Mining consumer data for actionable insights; writing/presenting analyses and recommendations based in consumer perspectives to inform clients’ business strategy (Pharma, Retail, & CPG).
- Facilitator of private online research communities (B2B and B2C); content creator and insights storyteller.
- Project examples: PR strategy, video scripting, ad testing, video focus groups, consumer mobile ethnographies.
Designlogic Corporate Managed Design Services : Contracted to Accenture. Oct. 2010—March 2012 | Sydney, Australia Accenture Creative Services Account Manager; Studio Manager
- Manager of Desktop Publishing/Print (4 direct-reporting designers). Promoted: on-site Studio Manager (8 staff).
- Ran studio workflow/briefed team based on client needs. Project-managed 130 simultaneous weekly deadlines.
- Responsible for 100% of client comms regarding team’s projects. Account contact for 70 clients in 8 time-zones.
- Involved in hiring/firing decisions, staff conflict resolution mediation, and performance review delivery.
- Helped develop dept. process manuals/team job aids. Enforced corporate brand guidelines compliance/quality.
- Oversaw briefing, design, and print production of physical print projects, digital deliverables & exhibition displays. Example projects included ebanners, brochures, PowerPoints, pull-up banners, packaging, flyers, etc.
- Led the team that was the primary creative support for Accenture RFP/OCM bids on 25 separate multi-million dollar proposals geared towards winning Rio Tinto, BHP, Westpac, NBN Co, Macquarie, Telstra, and other clients.
Social Startup 48 (SS48.org) Feb. 2012—Oct. 2012 | Sydney, Australia Co-Founder/Social Media & Marketing Co-Manager/SS48.org Blogger/Events & Catering Coordinator
- Co-creator of SS48: a not-for-profit organization hosting high-energy, 48-hour “start-up venture incubation competitions” focused on helping students and professionals develop sustainable side businesses which will make positive differences in their communities.
- Co-ran SS48 with team of 3 from initial concept to final execution: awareness campaign; selection of 60 participants from 110 apps; judge/mentor recruitment for event keynotes/workshops; crowd-funding, catering.
- Invited to May 2012 NYC Social Innovation Summit (held at the United Nations) as media guests based on SS48’s Sydney success. Blog featured on evancarmichael.com’s “Top 30 Social Entrepreneur Blogs To Watch in 2012”.
Arnold Worldwide (a Havas-group advertising agency) April 2009—July 2010 | Boston, MA Assistant Account Manager: Brown-Forman (Jack Daniel’s); truth® (American Legacy Foundation)
- Hired post-internship as Assistant Account Manager of two accounts; 50% client-facing role, 50% internal.
- Junior Copywriter for truth®’s anti-Big Tobacco social networking sites, thetruth.com brand website, and cause-marketing initiatives. Maintained and updated Facebook, YouTube and MySpace social network brand pages.
- Assistant manager of Jack Daniel’s print/TV/radio/digital production for multiple integrated ad campaigns in 12 countries. Monitor of truth®’s $1.2 million account budget. Supervisor of four truth® interns.
- Traffic and cable network clearance manager for Jack Daniel’s & truth® TV ads. Edited consumer research video.
Let’s Go, Inc. Travel Guidebooks April 2006—Aug. 2006 | Ireland and England Writer/ Researcher
- Wrote/updated/edited 200+ pages of guidebook content for three Let’s Go guidebooks (3.9 million readers).
- Travelled independently around Ireland, N. Ireland, & England covering 1-2 cities per day: sights/restaurants…
- Online letsgo.com blogger, focusing on local features, amusing anecdotes from road, food picks and hostels.
SKILLS, INTERESTS, & COURSES
- Skills: Speed-reading, Video-editing, Photoshop, WordPress, Final Cut, AtTask, MarketSight, ConfirmIt, AdminConsole, Office.
- Interests/Activities: Editor-in-Chief of Communispace’s internal newsletter, The Loop. Contributing writer for Communispace’s industry blog, Verbatim. Snowboarding, SBS softball, rock-climbing. Proficient in Spanish.
- Graduate of Arnold Worldwide’s Option R copywriting/art direction class. RateYourBurn.com fitness blogger.
- Former Editor-in-Chief of Brookline High School newspaper The Sagamore (ran team of 15 staff, circ. 2K).